Tuesday, August 08, 2006

My In-Laws Came To Visit

My wife's parents flew out to see us last week. We had a great time, and once again, gave the whirlwind tour. On their first day out here we spent the day in New Haven. After checking out the Divinty School, my in-laws showed themselves around downtown while I helped a classmate move into his apartment. After that we took the guided Yale tour, which was terrific. I had been on the weekday tour and it is a little over an hour long, but since we went on a Saturday tour it was close to two hours! After checking out the view of New Haven from East Rock, the days activities were complete.

The following day we made our way to Boston. We started the day on a whale watch and saw three adults and one calf. Then we had a late lunch (my in-laws opted for fresh lobster) and hit the freedom trail. Boston is really a great city with some amazing history and fun things to do. The picture above is of the oldest public building in Boston and the sight of both the Boston Massacre (1770) and the reading of the Declaration of Independence (1776).

On our last day of activities we ventured to NYC. While we took a very similar tour of the city as with my sister, it seems that the city has a different feel everytime I am there. A new wrinkle added to the tour was a carriage ride in Central Park. It was fantastic and I hadn't realized how many landmarks and sites there are in the 846 acres. When we returned from NYC we picked up Pepe's pizza. It was terrific. The thing about Pepe's is that it is in New Haven's Little Italy and it the rival pizza shoppe to Sally's. Most people in New Haven are loyal to only one, or at least have an opinion on which is better. We will get Sally's soon enough and I will let you know which I prefer.

Having my wife's parents at our place was terrific and I think they really enjoyed themselves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home