Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Budget Trucks - Moving

On Thursday, June 22, we picked up the 16' Budget truck that we would be using for our move to Connecticut. We had decided to go with Budget for a few reasons. First, it was the cheapest. Second, we haven't had the greatest U-Haul trucks in the past. Last, Budget supposedly has the newest fleet. I can honestly say that our expectations were surpassed. The truck we rented had only 5,000 miles on it. In addition, the tow dolly we used for our car was brand new!

As for the move, I don't think it could have gone better. Our driving day was Friday, June 23, and we drove through rain the entire trip, but it wasn't heavy. Traffic was not heavy either. The only slow downs were before the Tappan Zee in New York and on I-95 north just before New Haven. Again, it was nothing significant. The truck drove great (althought the mpg had to be in the teens) and towing our car was not a hassle. We unpacked the bed and a couple other necessary items that evening to get some much needed rest. In the morning, one of our New Haven friends came over to help us unload the entire truck. The rain held off while we were unloading and then picked right back up when we were done. Now it continues to be a settling in process. All in all, I have no complaints about the move.

After our first adventure to New Haven, I returned to Michigan to work another week. I wrapped things up at work on Monday, July 3, and drove straight to New Haven in 11 hours. Since arriving, I have started to get acquainted with area and settled in the apartment. There are plenty of things to be done...

2 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

I was bummed that I didn't actually get to say good bye to you. But I'm glad that you made it back to CT safely. Talk to you soon!

8:16 PM  
Blogger Tricia said...

Doug

So glad you got to New Haven safely! We miss you guys already! Please give Deb our love and keep us up-to-date on any baby news :)

10:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home