Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Basketball Hall of Fame


On Sunday my wife took me to the Basketball Hall of Fame in Springfield, Massachusetts. We decided to celebrate my birthday about a month early because we will most likely be celebrating someone else's inaugural birthday around the time of my 27th. We had a great time, to say the least. The Hall is comprised of three floors. The top floor is the Ring of Honor. Each inductee's accomplishments is highlighted with the other players, coaches, or contributors from their induction class. The rules of the game are also chronologically discussed. The second floor is very interactive. I measured my wingspan, call a play as a radio announcer, recapped the day's action as an ESPN sportscaster, and made the call as a referee (I was 5 of 5 and the program asked if I ever considered a career in officiating - little do they know). Also on the second floor were shoes, balls, statues, jerseys and displays about the development of the game. Great teams and coaches were also highlighted. The main floor was a full size basketball court with regulation NBA hoops at each end. Along the sides of the court was the progression of hoops, from a peach basket without a backboard to a glass backboard with a breakaway rim.

We continued to celebrate with a great dinner in New Haven at Soul de Cuba. The food and environment were fantastic. After dinner, we went to small group and ate birthday cake (chocolate with bananas in the middle) and ice cream. Overall, it was a great day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home